Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Bear With Me

Austin had another night of fighting double and triple teams.  I was hoping the Ships would play a 4-3 Cover 2 this game due to the Redwings' passing and option attack but instead I saw a lot of modified 3-4.  Maybe not today.  Maybe not tomorrow.  But, someday, soon, Austin will be put in five technique and told to cause havoc in the backfield.  I just hope I'm there when it happens.

Get by two blockers?  Not enough when they have the tailback ready to chip.

This was Austin's best play of the night (that I caught on camera).  Deep penetration into the backfield, blowing up the option and combining with the Hammer and Tyler (who also made good plays here) on a big tackle for loss.

I just don't think it's fair to Austin that he has to get by four blockers to record a sack.  Call me old fashioned.

Classic Austin, though.  Plays within the scheme, doesn't care about numbers, and smiles about the win afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment